What happens when you test my site?
The online version of run.mage.coach will test a page against web performance best practice rules and fetch timing metrics using the Navigation Timing API (one time per run). That is cool and if you want to be a real performance hero, you could test your whole site.
What are the different connection types?
We use the same setup as WebPageTest.
- Mobile3g (1.6 Mbps/768 Kbps - 300 RTT)
- Mobile3g fast (1.6 Mbps/768 Kbps - 150 RTT)
- Mobile3g slow (780 Kbps/330 Kbps - 200 RTT)
- Mobile3g gem (400 Kbps/400 Kbps - 300 RTT)
- Mobile2g (0.35 Mbps/328 Kbps - 28 RTT)
- Cable (5 Mbps/1 Mbps - 28 RTT)
- Native (the current unthrottled connection)